Global Ideas is an organisation that believes each one of us has a part to play in taking action for better health for all and therefore has created an interdisciplinary community of global health innovators.
By reaching out to globally minded citizens, both within and beyond health, to include entrepreneurs, engineers, designers and anyone with a passion for better health for all; they think differently about creating the change that communities in our region desire.
Global Ideas is based on beliefs that:
- Everyone regardless of their skills or experience can take action for healthier lives
- Adaptive solutions are required to address health problems in our changing world
- A collaborative approach to problem solving produces more innovative solutions
To achieve their goals, they have adopted a design thinking approach to think more creatively about how responses are developed to global health challenges. The strength of the design thinking approach is not the ideas themselves, but the capacity to create prototype solutions to test assumptions, and where a solution shows promise, to iterate, evolve and scale. Adopting design thinking is a way to step back and develop the capacity to creatively solve global health challenges by mastering the process of problem solving that bridges ideas to action through diverse collaboration. In this way, Global Ideas helps communities in our region make practical improvements to their own health.
HEAL proudly sponsored the following activities:
- Funding of video production at 2017 Global Ideas Forum in Melbourne to be disseminated worldwide
- The engagement of consultants in 2016 to develop an ‘Impact Model’ that provides Global Ideas a monitoring and evaluation (M&E) framework that will enable Global Ideas to better articulate the impact and effectiveness of its activities
- A workshop session at the 2015 Global Ideas Forum in Melbourne